Pinot Noir – Lowrey Vineyard

bottle of pinot noir lowrey vineyard

Pinot Noir – Lowrey Vineyard

$45.00

Vintage 2017

Vineyard

Lowrey Vineyard (100%)

Brix at Harvest: 20.8
Alcohol: 12.5%
Acidity: 6.6 g/L
pH: 3.73

We can only ship 6-12 bottles, and intervals of 18, 24 and 30 to keep the cost for you low. Please keep that in mind when ordering.

hassle free reutrns

Hassle Free Returns & Exchanges

Free Shipping In Ontario, and Low Cost Shipping Canada Wide

Winemaking Notes

The 2017 growing season started off very rainy and cool, which delayed some ripening early on. The late summer and fall turned warm and dry however, and this continued throughout harvest stretching well into November. For grape varieties such as Pinot Noir, a long and cool season is ideal, allowing the grapes to fully mature and ripen while not pushing alcohol too high, or acidity too low. The near perfect second half of the season has lead to one of the best Lowrey Vineyard Pinot Noirs to date!
Hand-picked and hand-sorted on October 18th, the grapes were partially de-stemmed (70%) with the remainder left whole cluster (30%) and left to soak on skins prior to fermentation. After 3 days, fermentation occurred spontaneously in small open-top fermenters. During fermentation, the skins were punched-down by hand 2 times per day. Once fermentation was finished, the wine remained on skins for 6 days before being gently pressed. It was then transferred to French oak barrels (40% new, 20% 1-year-old, 40% older) and aged for 16 months. The 2017 Lowrey Pinot Noir was bottled on September 21st, 2019.

Tasting Notes

A cool, very long growing season really defines this wine, with much more dirt/earth/underbrush than we typically see from this site. A typical Lowrey nose of intense floral and herbal aromatics (lavender, tarragon, and sweet basil) with a background of game meat is still there, but the damp forest floor is really present. The palate brings more fruit with raspberry, mulberry and pomegranate layering over mushroom and beetroot. The tannins are remarkably persistent and very structured reminding us of previous cool vintages that have lasted easily 10+ years. This wine is incredibly versatile and goes well with a variety of foods such as Comté cheese, roast pheasant or something heartier like Coq au Vin.

Total Production: 100 cases

Shiping

When it comes to shipping, our goal is to find the fastest and most reliable shipping option available to us. During the Covid pandemic, we have made significant changes with our delivery partners to serve you better.

For Toronto deliveries we primarily use Fil Delivery. They have been tremendous and we have had glowing reviews from customers. They update you on the expected delivery time throughout the day to ensure satisfaction. Deliveries leave the winery Mondays and Thursdays for delivery Tuesdays and Fridays.

For deliveries to Hamilton, Burlington and Niagara, winery staff often deliver same day or next. We aim to please as often as possible!

ICS is also used for Major Centers other than Toronto and local. Their delivery times are typically next day from pick up at the winery on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Out of province and small-town Ontario deliveries are packaged appropriately with slow-release heat packs in winter reduce breakage and freezing through CanPar. We review shipping daily to identify issues before they arise. We do our best to help communicate any issues in advance to get the wine to you as quickly as possible.

We offer free shipping to anywhere in Ontario with purchase of 6 bottles or more. Purchases of less than 6 bottles can be accommodated for $10 flat rate. Please call the winery to arrange.

Out or province rates are as follows:

Quebec: $10 flat rate

All other provinces: $25 flat rate

Returns

We believe in simplicity, so our refund policy is simple and to the point.

  • If you’d like to return an unopened bottle of wine, we’ll gladly do so for you. No questions asked.
  • If there is a problem with the wines (either a fault or it is not to your liking - which happens very irregularly), we happily provide a credit for the full amount on another bottle at the winery. For delivered wine, we issue a credit to be applied to your next purchase.
  • Our goal is to make you happy and if there is anything that we can do to maximize your enjoyment of a Leaning Post Wine... we will do it.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Pinot Noir – Lowrey Vineyard”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pinot Noir – Lowrey Vineyard

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Category